Monday, January 28, 2013

Spinach Pesto Pull Apart Bread - We knead to Bake # 1



Pull apart Bread – I did not made this bread before. After seeing many of the pull apart in the blogger world for the past few days , I thought why I can’t try this .
  I goggled to find a right stuffing and at last stayed on the spinach pesto , but I won’t get pine nuts in my place , so replaced it by peanuts . The recipe of  my version of spinach pesto will follow soon.
  I was surprised after baking this bread and it tasted great. Lets move on to the recipe
Requirements :
Plain flour – 3 + ½ cup
Yeast – 2 tsp
Sugar  - 1 tbsp
Salt – ½ tsp
Oil – 2 tbs
Milk – ½  cup
Water  - ¼ cup
For filling :
Melted Butter – 2 tbs
Spinach pesto – 1 cup

Method :
Heat a quarter cup of water to 110 degree Celsius and mix in a teaspoon of sugar and yeast . Don’t disturb it for fifteen minutes.
The water will look frothy.
Take a bowl , mix the flour and salt together .
Add the yeast mixture and milk  . Make soft dough with a spatula.
Apply oil on the dough and place it in a tight container and leave undisturbed for an hour.
The dough will be doubled in size. Take out and place on the kitchen counter.
Add the half cup of flour little by little and knead well.

Knead by folding the edges inwards and repeat this process for 10 -15 minutes.

Roll the dough using the rolling pin into a square.

Cut into 4 or more equal strips.

In the mean time mix the melted butter with the spinach pesto and apply on each strips.








Stack the filled strips one above other with the filling facing upwards.


Again cut the stacked strips into six equal pieces.

Grease the loaf pan with butter and arrange all the cut strips in the slantingly with the filling inwards.

Mix the milk with sugar and grease on top to get the browning.
Cover again and let it rest for an hour for second rise.

Preheat the oven to 220 degree Celsius for 40 minutes or till browned on top.

Let it cool and serve.
Spicy spinach pesto pull apart bread is ready to serve.

Note :
Filling can be varied to everyone’s taste.
Proofing of the yeast is the main part.

12 comments:

  1. u tempt me doc.. my yeast is giving me prbs and u all make such yummy breads. i swear looking at the pics it looks so damn easy bt well hope someone makes me the dough then i can do the rest hehehehh

    too good and i love ur template now

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful bread I love home made bread a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. spinach filling sounds a novel idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very delicious looking bread. Love the golden brown color you achieved!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the color which spinach gives the bread.

    ReplyDelete
  6. spinach filling is an interesting idea

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pull apart bread is the best! I tried it for the first time too, just the other day. Definitely something I'll keep making. I love your spinach pesto flavor combination, it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. new to ur place dear...Happy to follow u...ur pic r tempting me..healthy combination

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very delicious bread. thanks for linking

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love pull apart bread! The spinach pesto looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. COngratulations you have won the give away at blogoversary event. Please mail me your address.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR VALUABLE COMMENT.